Skip to main content

"But as the philosopher Jagger once said, 'You can't always get what you want.'"

One of my favorite John Mayer songs:


WHY GEORGIA

I am driving up 85

In the kind of morning

That lasts all afternoon

I’m just stuck inside the gloom


Four more exits to my apartment

But I am tempted to keep the car in drive

And leave it all behind.


Cuz’ I wonder sometimes

About the outcome

Of a still verdict less life


Am I living it right

Am I living it right

Am I living it right

Why, why Georgia, why


I rent a room and I fill the spaces with

Wood in places to make it feel like home

But all I feel's alone


It might be a quarter life crisis

Justa' a stirrin’ in my soul


Either way

I wonder sometime about the outcome

Of a still verdict less life


Am I living it right

Am I living it right

Am I living it right

Why, why Georgia why


So what so I've got a smile on

But it’s hiding the quiet superstitions in my head

Don’t believe me

Don’t believe me

When I say I’ve got it down


Everybody's just a stranger

But that's the danger in

Going my own way

I guess it's a price I have to pay


Still "everything happens for a reason"

Is no reason not to ask myself

If I'm living it right

Am I living it right

Am I living it right


Why tell me why

Why, why Georgia why…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Slumdog to Millionaire

Slumdog Millionaire has been getting a lot of hype lately, and I, for one, think it deserves it.

Set in the slums of Mumbai, Slumdog Millionaire is, simply, a rags-to-riches story of a boy who went from the shit-diving fanboy (watch the movie and you'll understand) to the 20 million-Rupee winner of the local version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - and gets the girl of his dreams in the process. And to make it truly Bollywood-grade (it's a British film, BTW), there's a dance scene at the end.

While some may say that the story is something we've all seen before countless times over and over again (yes, the premise is THAT overused), that's entirely beside the point. No idea is new, they say, the key lies in the way something is presented, which makes Slumdog Millionaire stand out from all the rest. The cinematography for one, is great, and for a movie that reminded me so much of the slums of our own Payatas, of the congestion of this sprawling metropolis we call Met…

One last thing before I hit the sack.

I realize I haven't been posting as much as I want to (ha, Captain Obvious), settling for the occasional photo.

Still, I just want to give out a big thank You to the Guy Upstairs, for blessings and what I pray to be good things to come.

===============

Serendra, on a hot, Saturday afternoon: