Skip to main content

Procrastination galore

The office clock says 5:42, which leaves about an hour and three minutes before I can go home. I have some tasks to do, but I am currently french-kissing the temptation to do them later or on Monday -- hence my presence here and this entry.

But kisses have to stop sometime. Hmmm. Maybe a bit later.

I cannot wait to get home; I have have a buttload of DVDs and books I'm excited to devour starting tonight, this coming Saturday and Sunday, and the long (holy) (week)end. At the very least, I'd like to finish John Banville's The Sea, which I am two-thirds done with already, before the local pasyon-ers near the house start their monotone rituals.

============

Awhile ago, I trooped to the not-so-near Metrowalk, which, for the not so in-the-know, is the haven for DVD hunters next to Quiapo and Carriedo. I probably will pay the place another visit on Monday to further stack up for my couch potato-slash-utterly lazy-slash-patabaing baboy mode next week.

I was originally looking for the continuation of Karas and the complete episodes for Afro Samurai (which is voiced by Samuel L. Jackson), but alas, the former was still unreleased, while the latter was still incomplete. However, I got to score the complete episodes of Boys Be which I have been scouting around for for some time. I remember how much I loved the series -- but never managed to finish it -- in my early college days, probably because I was a sappy and corny and cheesy pus-filled idiot back then (although I'm still one now, albeit in a different and lesser degree, minus the pus-filled). I hope its as good as I remember.

t3h 1337 Karas -- (from left) Ekou (antagonist), Otoha (protagonist)


Afro Samurai, obviously.


Boys Be DVD cover.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Slumdog to Millionaire

Slumdog Millionaire has been getting a lot of hype lately, and I, for one, think it deserves it.

Set in the slums of Mumbai, Slumdog Millionaire is, simply, a rags-to-riches story of a boy who went from the shit-diving fanboy (watch the movie and you'll understand) to the 20 million-Rupee winner of the local version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - and gets the girl of his dreams in the process. And to make it truly Bollywood-grade (it's a British film, BTW), there's a dance scene at the end.

While some may say that the story is something we've all seen before countless times over and over again (yes, the premise is THAT overused), that's entirely beside the point. No idea is new, they say, the key lies in the way something is presented, which makes Slumdog Millionaire stand out from all the rest. The cinematography for one, is great, and for a movie that reminded me so much of the slums of our own Payatas, of the congestion of this sprawling metropolis we call Met…

One last thing before I hit the sack.

I realize I haven't been posting as much as I want to (ha, Captain Obvious), settling for the occasional photo.

Still, I just want to give out a big thank You to the Guy Upstairs, for blessings and what I pray to be good things to come.

===============

Serendra, on a hot, Saturday afternoon: