Skip to main content

Something about nothing at all, really.

There comes a time when I feel like writing something but can't seem to put my finger on it; my fingers grow itchy and my mind wanders to every conceivable this and that and here and there. It's been almost a month too, since my last post, and I do owe it to the few people--some I know, some obscure, some just plain annoying--who come here once in a while to check out my random bursts of insanity and maybe drop a line or two, to put up something (that aspires to be) clever.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things I want to put here, but I've always imagined this blog to be more of a repository for thoughts about life--hence the title (if you don't get it, don't worry--the word that starts with a 'C' automatically excuses you from any fault)--rather than a chronicle of my day to day or week to week activities. The whole "Dear Diary" crap is old and retarded, and is best reserved for overly-giddy teenage girls who like Hale and sissy emo music and make a big deal about proms and stuff.

That being said, there have been birthdays and monthsaries and vacations and airsoft and the usual woes at work, and that's that. I just might post pictures on my Multiply site, but if you don't know it, I won't tell you and you won't find it (unless you're reading this on Multiply, since I cross post).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Slumdog to Millionaire

Slumdog Millionaire has been getting a lot of hype lately, and I, for one, think it deserves it.

Set in the slums of Mumbai, Slumdog Millionaire is, simply, a rags-to-riches story of a boy who went from the shit-diving fanboy (watch the movie and you'll understand) to the 20 million-Rupee winner of the local version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - and gets the girl of his dreams in the process. And to make it truly Bollywood-grade (it's a British film, BTW), there's a dance scene at the end.

While some may say that the story is something we've all seen before countless times over and over again (yes, the premise is THAT overused), that's entirely beside the point. No idea is new, they say, the key lies in the way something is presented, which makes Slumdog Millionaire stand out from all the rest. The cinematography for one, is great, and for a movie that reminded me so much of the slums of our own Payatas, of the congestion of this sprawling metropolis we call Met…

One last thing before I hit the sack.

I realize I haven't been posting as much as I want to (ha, Captain Obvious), settling for the occasional photo.

Still, I just want to give out a big thank You to the Guy Upstairs, for blessings and what I pray to be good things to come.

===============

Serendra, on a hot, Saturday afternoon: